DEFINITION OF SELF RESPECT – The Most Alluring Human Trait!
WHAT IS SELF RESPECT? Self-respect is when you like yourself for who you are, the ability to have a positive and realistic view of oneself, regardless of external evaluations or comparisons. Self-respect involves accepting your strengths and weaknesses, values and dignity, and acting accordingly.
People with self-respect tend to be happier, more confident, more responsible, and more resilient than those who lack it.
Self-respect can be improved by identifying one’s values, setting healthy boundaries, focusing on internal qualities, learning from mistakes, and practicing self-compassion.
SELF-RESPECT versus SELF-ESTEEM:
- Self-respect is different from self-esteem in that Self-Esteem is based on the judgments of others or your own achievements.
- Self-respect is more stable and less vulnerable to fluctuations than self-esteem.
HOW DOES SELF RESPECT SHOW IN DEALING WITH OTHER PEOPLE?
Simply put, one has Self-Respect if:
- They are transparent with people they meet
- They are kind to people in their orbit
- They Love themselves
You have Self-Respect if
- You treat yourself and others around you with care and respect
- You stay true to your values
- And you’re UNWILLING to compromise yourself in the face of adversity
EFFECTS OF SELF RESPECT ON YOUR LIFE & WELLBEING
- Self-Respect gives you CONSISTENCY
- Because you are consistent
- It means that your Beliefs will align with your behavior, with your goals and your values
This in turn, makes you:
- More Confident and
- A Happier Person
For more, including “Self-Respect Quotes”, visit my alignment resources here
You can always get in touch with me anytime for more detailed explanation and guidance. I am always available for a quick chat.